One of our most standard cosmetic and restorative dentistry procedures at Beautiful Dentistry in Tempe, AZ 85284, is tooth or dental bonding. This procedure can make an enormous impact on your appearance. Dental bonding is a flexible dental procedure that can be used to restore teeth, improve your smile aesthetic, or both.
What is Tooth Bonding?
Tooth bonding involves applying composite resin to the surface of a tooth to change its shape or length or to cover minor flaws like chips, cracks, stains, or exposed roots. Before starting your treatment, Dr. Martin Sobieraj will select a shade that closely resembles your tooth color. We will then roughen the affected tooth's surface and lightly coat it with a conditioning liquid to help the resin adhere more effectively. Then, we spread the putty-like material to your teeth and shape them to get the desired results. Once we have achieved the perfect shape, we will use a curing light to harden the resin. Finally, the tooth is shaped and polished.
What Problems Can Be Addressed By Tooth Bonding?
The most common types of problems that can be addressed with tooth bonding include the following.
- Gapped teeth – Tooth bonding can help fill in the empty spaces of your gapped teeth.
- Shortened teeth – Tooth bonding can lengthen the crowns if you have worn-out or too small or asymmetrical teeth.
- Misshapen or pointed teeth –If you have misshapen or pointed teeth, we can reshape your tooth with bonding.
- Severe stains –Tooth bonding can help cover severe stains that otherwise do not respond to professional tooth whitening.
- Cracks or chips – We can hide minor flaws like chips and cracks to restore your teeth's health and vitality.
- Receding gums – When your gums recede, it can expose the tooth roots, look unappealing and cause tooth sensitivity. Tooth bonding will help to hide the exposed roots to prevent sensitivity and consequently improve your smile.
What Are the Benefits of Tooth Bonding?
Tooth bonding is the ideal cosmetic procedure for those interested in improving their smile. Unlike other restorations, which are a lifetime commitment, dental bonding is entirely reversible. You can opt to have them removed for more permanent alternatives. It is also a more affordable procedure when compared to dental veneers or crowns.
Lastly, this natural-looking cosmetic procedure is long-lasting. Though there is no fixed time frame for the durability of your bonding, it can last up to ten years for some patients. It all depends on how well you take care of your teeth.
Transform your smile with tooth bonding at Beautiful Dentistry in Tempe, AZ 85284. Dr. Martin Sobieraj can help you achieve the smile of your dreams. You can reach us at (480) 831-1700 to schedule a consultation.