Teeth are the most prominent feature of our face. A smile can be your most attractive feature. But if you have stained or discolored teeth, you might not feel confident about showing off your smile.
Teeth play an essential role when it comes to eating and communicating with others. Hence, if you are not satisfied with the appearance of your teeth, you may feel less inclined to smile. You may even become less social to avoid being judged. At Beautiful Dentistry in Tempe, AZ 85284, we offer various teeth whitening procedures to help you realize a flawless smile and overcome your teeth imperfections.
What Is Teeth Whitening?
Teeth whitening treatments make the shades of your teeth a lighter and brighter version of that of your natural teeth. Whitening is often considered when your teeth have become yellowed over time for various reasons. Your teeth can be whitened by changing the primary core color of the tooth’s enamel. It is a speedy and straightforward process that may not take much of your time.
How Do Teeth Get Stained?
- The condition of your teeth could be affected by your lifestyle. People who consume foods and beverages like coffee, tea, or wine are more vulnerable to stains and discoloration.
- Smoking and chewing tobacco encourage the accumulation of plaque and tartar.
- Poor oral health and insufficient dental care regimen hasten staining and discoloration.
- As you grow older, the enamel becomes thinner, exposing its yellow dentin layer.
- Genes are also responsible for the color of your teeth, and some people are genetically prone to have yellow teeth.
- Dental traumas due to injury darken and stain your teeth.
- Regular intake of certain medicines and drugs stains the teeth.
What Are the Teeth Whitening Options?
In this whitening procedure, the bleach used is relatively more intensely potent than those used for at-home treatments. Their results are quick and also cause lesser teeth sensitivity. In-office bleaching not just cleans off the teeth stains, it also gives your teeth a whiter and brighter look. This procedure, also called chairside bleaching, can be accomplished in one dental visit.
For this procedure, Dr. Martin Sobieraj will provide you with a custom-made tray and whitening gels to use at home. It is a convenient alternative for people who want their teeth whitened in their home comforts. This system requires an appointment at our office to create the trays for use at home. A milder version of whitening gel is given to be kept in the trays and worn for 15-30 minutes at a stretch. The results from this treatment can take a few weeks to take effect.
If you are interested in learning more about our teeth whitening treatments, call Beautiful Dentistry in Tempe, AZ 85284 at (480) 831-1700 to schedule an appointment with Dr. Martin Sobieraj.