Tooth loss can be caused by any one of multiple reasons. And regardless of how the teeth are lost, it is vital to replace these missing teeth at the earliest. Tooth loss can cause jaw bone degeneration, deteriorating oral health, and even more teeth loss. To overcome these side effects, dental implants can provide an effective permanent solution. At Beautiful Dentistry in Tempe, AZ 85284, we offer effective dental implants solutions for our patients and help them regain their facial aesthetics and mouth functionality.
What Is a Dental Implant?
A dental implant is a metal screw placed in the jawbone and has a prosthetic tooth capped over the screw. This restoration resembles and feels just like a natural tooth. Moreover, dental implants deliver a permanent solution and are a viable alternative for cost and durability.
Benefits of Dental Implants
- Complete Tooth Replacement
Conventional restorations rest on top of the gum line or need the support of the adjacent teeth. But the dental implants are firmly rooted within the jawbone. And this means a patient does not have to worry about their new teeth shifting around or breaking despite external factors.
Dental implants are characteristically covered with tailor-made restorations, and they blend seamlessly into any smile.
A missing tooth can cause the jawbone in the area to start shrinking naturally and change shape. In due course, the degradation of the jawbone may lead to the instability of the remaining teeth. Dental Implants can help stop and even reverse this process.
With committed oral hygiene practices and routine dental visits, an implant can quickly be expected to last for thirty years or more.
Who Is Suitable for Dental Implants?
A patient who wants to have dental implants should meet the following requirements:
- Has one or more missing teeth
- A fully developed jawbone
- Adequate bone mass to keep implants secure
- Good oral health
- Has no ailments that could interfere with bone healing
What Is the Dental Implant Process?
Dental implant surgery is an outpatient procedure and is done in multiple stages:
- The impaired tooth is extracted.
- The jawbone is readied for surgery, which may include a bone grafting procedure.
- After the jawbone heals, the implant metal posts are inserted into the bone.
- A few months’ healing time is enforced.
- The rest of the implant, namely the abutment, is attached to the metal posts.
- After the abutment is secured, the gums must heal for another few days before attaching the false teeth. After healing the gums, impressions are taken of the mouth, and the false teeth are fabricated and fitted over the abutment.
If you are interested in learning more about dental implants, call Beautiful Dentistry in Tempe, AZ 85284 at (281) 991-6530 and schedule an appointment with Dr. Martin Sobieraj.