Dr. Eric Heap
Dr. Eric A. Heap finds joy in the people he works with every day. From his committed staff to loyal patients, the people he serves bring reward to his work as a dentist in the Tempe, Arizona, area. He loves helping people feel comfortable with their dental experiences and providing them with the best care possible. Dr. Heap graduated from the University of the Pacific, San Francisco, California in 1978.
He is a member of the American Dental Association, Academy of Laser Dentistry, Dental Organization for Conscious Sedation, the Phoenix Esthetic Study Club, and Desert Flying Samaritans (health care professionals who serve the underprivileged in Mexico). He is a graduate of Las Vegas Institute for Advanced Dental Studies (Cosmetic Dentistry) and the Alleman-Deliperi Center of Biomimetic Dentistry.
Dr. Heap has advanced training in:
- Advanced Occlusion: Dr. Pete Dawson, Clearwater, Florida
- Use of Lasers in the treatment of Periodontal Disease: Dr. Robert Barr, San Jose, California
- Cosmetic Dentistry: The Las Vegas Institute of Anterior Esthetic Dentistry; Dr. William Dickerson and Dr. David Hornbrook, Las Vegas Nevada
- Sedation Dentistry: Doctors of Oral Conscious Sedation (DOCS); Dr. Michael Silverman, Philadelphia
- Biomimetic Dentistry: The Academy of Biomimetic Dentistry; Dr. David Alleman, Utah and Dr. Simon Deliperi, Sardinia, Italy
Permits and License:
Arizona State Dental License No. D02371
Arizona Oral Sedation Permit No. 13031660
Arizona Radiation Regulatory Permit No. 7-D-3648 (X-Rays)
Arizona Radiation Regulatory Permit No. 7-LD-2770 (lasers)
Dr. Heap states, “Our focus is on our patient. We believe that educating the patient first is the most beneficial thing we can do in our battle for better oral health. If a patient can see and understand their problem they become a much better and wiser consumer and thus can make more educated decisions.”
When not in the office Dr. Heap loves to spend time with this wife, Patricia, their children and grandchildren. His hobbies include traveling to new places, learning about history, bicycling, and gardening in his oasis in the desert of Arizona.